Kingdom of the Gnome by Lauren Gregg.
This brings back some memories..
After the Crystal and Holland projects, I wasn’t exactly sure what my next project was going to be, and then it occurred to me that while it’s awesome all of these appreciation projects for the individual actors have been springing up, I wanted to do one for all of the actors/actresses on the show, as well as the cast and crew and the entire team that works so hard to put the show together.
That being said, my next project is a pack documentary, and I’m going to need your help- a lot of it.
What: This project is going to be a DVD with a fan documentary- filled with fan interviews (which I will be doing at SDCC this year, if you’re interested, and I’ll also be needing correspondents from other parts of the world/country to do some interviews as well), artists, authors, musicians, dancers and everyone in between. I want to highlight everyone in this fandom. I will be making it into an actual DVD, with official cover art and everything.
How: If you would like to participate, please e-mail me at email@example.com to submit something/suggest something/ect. I will be needing a lot of help to pull this off, and I really do want it to be something special.
I’m looking for
- correspondents to interview people- I live on the west coast of the USA, and I don’t want that to be the only place I find fans from to interview
- artists to work on the cover art of the DVD
- musicians to create music for the DVD (with a teen wolf/fandom theme)
Ideas for submissions (not limited to):
- segments on fan art (the artists processes, inspirations, ect)
- music videos, segments on the individuals who write music based on or inspired by the show
- teen wolf flashmobs (with either music from the show/written for the show, with people dressed as the cast or characters)
- segments on fanfiction authors
- if you’ve put on any sort of event or convention or fundraiser based on/inspired by teen wolf (-cough- thebiteconvention ladies, notanotherteenwolfpodcast - cough-)
- stories of how the show or cast has helped you in your personal life (can include stories of meeting the cast)
- appreciation for any and all characters cast members that have been on the show- yes this includes Stephen, Zelda, Shelley, Caitlin, Madison, Ian (Nelson), Shantal, Katie, Jeremiah and anyone else you can think of.
Where: I’m going to be attending Days of the Wolf again next year, and if BiteCon is a thing again, I will be attending that again as well. I haven’t decided which one the cast will receive these DVDs at yet, but it will be one or the other. Anyone who would like a copy of the DVD will be able to get one, it’s not strictly for the cast/crew. More details on that process to come later.
When: As of now, the deadline is January 5th 2015. This will probably change as we get further into the project, depending on announcements for the conventions as well as the content that gets submitted.
Why: There are a lot of reasons I wanted to put this project together, but I really feel like this show as well as this fandom has completely changed my life- I’ve gained so many amazing friends, and I’ve learned a lot about writing and creating art and so many useful things that I probably wouldn’t have otherwise. Only small parts of the fandom get to be heard when it comes to the contributions we make, and I want to try to make that small part at least a little bit bigger.
I will also be making a book to go along with it, full of fan art and letters for those who wish to participate. I will only be making one, and it will be given to the team as a whole to be kept on set/in the production office, or whoever they decide to give it to.
Observe actor Dylan O’Brien’s horror-struck expression as director Wes Ball talks about the one time a crew member got bit by a baby rattlesnake while working on the set of “The Maze Runner.” (That’s writer James Dashner giving Dylan a comforting pat after Wes finishes the story.) [x]
I Took a Xanax Every Day of My Vacation
A memoir: or how much harder it is to accomplish shit when you have anxiety disorder.
"Do something that scares you every day." HAHAHAHAHA. i’m glad I got to the point where I understand what this statement means to other people.